[Tips 8] Why backup website
why backup website, how to backup, what is the best backup plugin for wordpress
Backing up your website is important because it helps you recover your website in case of any unexpected data loss, malware attack, or other similar issues. A backup copy of your website data ensures that you can quickly restore your website to a previous state, reducing the amount of downtime and loss of data in the event of a disaster.
Here is how you can backup your WordPress website:
- Use a plugin: There are many backup plugins available for WordPress, which make it easy to backup your website data. Some of the popular plugins include UpdraftPlus, BackupBuddy, VaultPress, and more.
- Manually using cPanel: If your website is hosted on a server with cPanel, you can also create a backup of your website files and database using the built-in backup feature in cPanel.
- FTP client: Another option is to download your website files and database directly from your server using an FTP client such as FileZilla.
As for the best backup plugin for WordPress, it really depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include:
- UpdraftPlus: A free and easy-to-use plugin that allows you to schedule backups and store your backups on remote storage locations such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
- BackupBuddy: A paid plugin that offers a range of advanced backup and restoration features, including the ability to schedule backups and store backups on remote storage locations.
- VaultPress: A paid plugin that provides real-time backup and security scanning for your website. It is owned by the same company that operates WordPress, so it is a trusted option for many WordPress users.
It's recommended to try out a few plugins and choose one that best fits your needs. Additionally, it's important to regularly test your backups to make sure they can be successfully restored in case of an emergency.